Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,

I just called home 4 days ago, which, by the way, was great! I'm glad we got the phone thing figured out. It was great to talk to Jasi too. I don't really have anything else to write about. After Christmas it’s been pretty slow, but since not everyone was on the phone with me I'll just talk about all that stuff.

Christmas was a blast! We had a baptism in the morning, then went to a Christmas party on the beach. You could say I had a white Christmas, white sand that is. Seriously, that sand is white! Then, we went home and called our families. It was great. Then, we went to a member’s house and ate some cake and stuff called Bico. It’s a favorite here around any holiday. It is this brown sticky rice with like brown sugar and coconut, it’s really good. It’s the Philippines version of like fruit cake - everyone gives it to you and everyone has a different recipe. Sister Estrera's was the best. The worst was at the Christmas party. I accidentally tried some savory Bico. It was NOT sweet. It was pretty terrible but there was a stray dog there that was happy to finish it off for me. On the other hand, I ate some Lechon pig and my belly felt fine and had some really boss pancit. 

At that member’s house we watched most of this terrible, terrible Book of Mormon movie that was not made by the church. I think it was made by Halestorm entertainment, because Kirby Heybourne landed the role of Sam. Never watch it, it was terrible. Then, we went to another member’s house and watched The Restoration movie in Bisayan. They totally have it. Its really good and it is really modern Bisayan, not deep scripture Bisayan that NO one understands. I recommend watching it. Throw on the subtitles in English and be like, wow! this is the language Nik can't speak. Then, me and Elder Torrie made mashed potatoes and fried chicken, and we scored some gravy from the ZL's in Cebu so we did it up right. The only problem was that Elder Torrie did not cook the chicken well enough at all so it was totally dangerous to eat. The potatoes were only ok. Maybe next Christmas package throw in some potato pearls or whatever.

That was my Christmas and it was boss. Mission Christmas's are the best!
Aside from that, the mission is still rocking. We are having a problem with our investigators coming to church, but that's not your problem so I won't worry you over it.
I guess that’s it. I love you all a ton. I'll be heading back to Cebu this week so maybe I'll get my package then.

Be good, Drive Safe, those roads are icy. Pray everyday, and read the Book of Mormon. 

Gugma, Elder Abbott

No comments:

Post a Comment