Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Every day feels like Sunday

Cebuano. It’s no big deal.
It’s actually really hard still, but it feels like it’s coming along way way better.

Kumusta Mo pamilya! [Hello, family!]

Thanks for the package this week, the pants are rocking, the hoodie is warm and really bright orange, and the box is plenty big for the monster of a blanket that you sent me.

Big news this week, the Tri-panionship got called as Zone Leaders! which just means that we have about a million more meetings on Sunday and have to do orientations on Wednesday and Thursdays. It’s cool though.

The TRC last week was a piece of cake, Elder Taylor surprised everyone and started speaking in tongues to save us from not taking up any time. The Lesson was a slam dunk, tommorow we teach the plan of salvation which I'm excited for since it’s a lot easier doctrinally. I got this way cool book of pictures that I hear Philippino children will simply love. I also think I'm gonna buy the Cebuano version of the animated Book of Mormon stories, and send it home for you all to hold onto for me. This way you can see how ridiculous (Cebuano is killing my english spelling I'm learning) the language is, and I can buy it with the missionary discount!

I'm sending a letter full of pictures so you can see what my district looks like. and see what I look like. I mentioned this in the letter but I'll say it here. I keep forgetting to say anything but I do not have any addresses. So, Friends, (looking at you) I don't have your address - so you need to write me first! DearElder.com works too.

Also that awful watch I bought at the Missionary Mall died after three minutes. Not surprised. Anyway I bought a dirt cheap watch at the book store and it looks pretty good I thought until further inspection revealed that it has these weird diamonds instead of numbers. So it looks really masculine until you look at it closely and realise it is also very feminine. I've received many compliments on it, but I still don’t feel right with it yet. Pasikalla tried to convince me it’s bling, but then everyone realised that I'm the last person on this earth who would ever wear bling or look good wearing bling! All in all, I'm ok with it. If anything, I'll give it to Erika.

I always feel like my e-mails should be longer, but not alot happens here everyday. Kevin Barnes said it best when he said "Everyday Feels Like Sunday, Everyday feels so good!" It’s true.

Oh! I got a letter from Omi. Let her know I Love her a ton. Gugma ko kanimo Omi! [I love you, Omi!]

I guess the sum up, I love all of you, I want more letters, send pictures so I can tell my district that these girls are waiting for me when I get back. Nasuyud Ako nga tinuod sa simbahan ug nasayud ako nga tinuod ebanghelyio. [I know the Church is true and I know the Gospel is true.]
 
Ayo Ayo!

Gugma Elder Abbott.

No comments:

Post a Comment