Saturday, September 11, 2010

Week 2

This week went by way fast! Every day feels way long and sometimes way boring, but at least I have 4 square to look forward to. The week went by way fast though, which is really nice. Every day is pretty much the same, I study the scriptures, I learn some Cebuano, I practice talking to people on the street. It's fun, though. Cebuano is really coming together, which is nice. I don't feel like I will ever be fluent ,but I can invent sentences sometimes which feels great. I got jinxed and that means I had to speak Cebuano until my name was said 3 times. It was way hard, and lasted like 30 minutes! My companions are still way cool. I can't remember if I mentioned this, but Elder Taylor went to Lone Peak, so some of you may know him.
 
I got the package, which was THE BEST! Maayo kaayo as the Cebuanans would say. The fun bugs lasted maybe 10 minutes, cuz my companions and my district fell in love with them. Keep on sending that and send letters, lots of missionaries get tons of letters, I only get a few. Whats up with that?
 
I realised that it might get kinda cold while I'm up here (its already way cold in the morning on p-days and service activities), so if at all possible send up a package with my tan pants and my red hoodie. Also put in a biggish box so I can send back the blanket and hoodie when I leave the MTC.
 
I love everyone, Mom, Dad, Erika and Chris, Josh and Carissa, Jasi, and everyone else who reads this. Missions are cool, I feel the spirit everyday and I wear a tie everyday.
 
I don't know what else to talk about. Every day feels the same. Tomorrow is TRC (where we test our Cebuano and teaching abilities to fluent speakers of the language who pretend to be investigators) so pray for me tonight cuz thats the worst/best night of the week.
 
Thanks for all your letters this week and thanks for your email last week, Dad. Dear Elder (www.dearelder.com) rules and is free, for the MTC and my mission so everyone has no excuse!
 
Drive safe out there, Love Elder Nik Abbott.
 
[Editor's note: see Nik's first blog entry for his MTC address and write to the boy! :)]

No comments:

Post a Comment